Software Product Owner
Overall Purpose of Job
A software professional leading the feature development & system integration of the Epsilon network inventory. The product owner has a very clear understanding of the internal business workflows and network technology at play within the business.
Working with key stakeholders across departments, the Product Owner:
• Gathers and analyzes the product/ solution requirements, writes the backlog, verifies the solution with all relevant stakeholders; Dissects the requirements into user stories; Prioritizes the backlog based on business value; Defines 'done' criteria.
• Responsible for creating and grooming the backlog and its maintenance.
• Leads the ongoing work with the development team through all stages of the project lifecycle
This role reports to the IS Director.
- Backlog grooming and planning - Responsible for gathering and understanding business requirement and building the backlog (creation, prioritization and breakdown; Translates business requirements or product roadmap into manageable backlog and documents the epics/features/stories; Consults with customer / product manager and multiple stakeholders across departments; Backlog should cover all functional and non-functional aspects and include 'done' criteria. Leads and/or participates in producing estimations and/or refinement for projects, features and epics.
- Release Planning – An active participant in release planning, the PO conveys the vision and goals at the beginning of every release, prioritizes backlog and supports the release planning and sprint/iteration planning.
- Execution & Support – Supports the development team and provides ongoing early feedback during sprints/iteration (business clarifications, adjustments for risk, reprioritizations, changes in scope, approves 'done' stories); Reviews and approves all design gaps and/or solution enhancement suggestions from relevant stakeholders. Takes an active part in all planning & retrospectives activities. Focal point for internal users for all queries related to current and future roadmap functionality.
- Agility - Represents the end user; interfaces and continuously engages the key stakeholders and users to ensure the team is building the right solution and therefore delivering the expected items. Ensures new features are demo’d to stakeholders and that there is a regular feedback loop to further refine the future roadmap and development backlog.
- Product Readiness - Owns and supports product readiness activities such as training/ enablement, documentation, etc.
- System design and architecture – work with team and the vendors to develop a roadmap and backlog aligned with the OSS target architecture. Be an active participant in all OSS target architecture discussions and shape the development backlog to ensure alignment.
- Business oriented. Ability to represent the end-user needs.
- Experienced in functionality/spec definition, architecture, and design.
- Ability to facilitate scope changes and prioritization.
- Experience in agile methodologies.
- Prior experience in being responsible for complex development projects.
- Good negotiation and communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, work with several parties in parallel, lead cross functional tasks
- Prior experience in a range of software roles
- Experience with telecommunications industry and the challenges of operating such networks
- Experience with development of Operational Support Systems