Innovating in Connectivity to Serve Start-Up Unicorns
- Disruptive – Applications and services can change an industry overnight. A new model with growing user base can change a market and put traditional services out of business. In a matter of months, a business can be established and capture a global audience.
- Adaptable – Unicorns have a high tolerance for risk and are driven to innovate despite the prospect of failure. They need the flexibility to adapt their services to changing markets. Regulations can change, removing access to a city or an entire country. They have to be prepared to turn up or down services to match demand.
- Born in the Cloud – Everything that can be hosted in the Cloud is in the Cloud. The agility and speed that Cloud delivers is essential to scaling, growing and adapting to new market conditions.
- Network-Dependent – Networking is often the critical channel for engaging with users, subscribers, customers and partners. The network is the critical touchpoint and defines the experience users have with a Unicorn’s applications and services.
- Software-Centric – Software platforms are often central to their offerings and the foundation for the services they deliver. These platforms are driven by developers and rely on the integration of multiple APIs to deliver new and unique services to users.
- High Growth – Unicorn success is often driven more by user numbers than actual revenue. When an application or service takes off, they need to be ready to rapidly scale to accommodate exploding user growth.