From MPLS to SD-WAN: What should Enterprise Consider?
- Integration - Does the solution offer integration with existing enterprise architectures with minimal migration pain, and offer granular control over firewalls, web filtering and security policies?
- Future-Proof - Are SD-WAN’s minor disadvantages (on-site security, investments for self-management of the network, etc.) adequately mitigated by the service provider for specific current and future needs of your enterprise?
- Seamlessness - Where required, does the solution fit into a hybrid MPLS architecture if your enterprise sees this as a good way to test SD-WAN out for a period of time?
- Differentiation - What unique features make a particular SD-WAN provider stand apart from the others for the particular needs of your enterprise?
- Service-Level Agreement - What makes the terms of the SLA stand out from others when you compare it against other service provider?
- Service Excellence - Are the service quality track records, testimonials and brand-quality commensurate with the rates being offered?
- Flexibility - How tied-down will the managed SD-WAN solution be, in the event your enterprise needs to integrate the current setup into any architectural upgrades and changes?
- Scalability - Does the service provider have extensive global reach compared to others?
- Availability - Are the service provider’s network infrastructure and vendors of equally high reliability and can this be substantiated and guaranteed?