Senior NOC Engineer
Overall Job Purpose
It is an exciting time to join our growing Sofia office. This senior NOC role will be to cover our new 24/7 support facility and so will involve shifts. You will be responsible for responding promptly to all customer fault feedbacks/queries and taking appropriate actions to follow up closely with customers till the trouble ticket is closed, therefore maintaining high-quality service standards for the company. As this is a senior role, you will also mentor/guide more junior NOC engineers on your shifts.
- Executes network monitoring of all technologies and services;
- Performs troubleshooting in case of incidents to resolve incidents with customer & or Network services
- Manage incidents and customer request tickets in ticketing system from inception to conclusion
- Derives customer impact lists in timely manner
- Executes level 1 support for network and services; escalates to 2nd, 3rd line & or vendors when required and in line with Epsilon standard operation procedures
- Supports Operations team during Network optimisation work or changes
- Manages and controls first-level maintenance performance; leads where need to ensure successful conclusion
- Provides support for the daily operation of computer, communication systems and networks, as well as technical support to users.
- Responds promptly to all customer requests for resolving problems with computer, communication systems and networks.
- Takes appropriate actions to follow up closely with customers till the problem is resolved.
- Maintains high quality service standards for the Company.
- Executes the work to ensure continuity of the business processes
- Provides mentoring and or training to the junior members of the team
- When needed represents Epsilon Operations in customer, vendors or intra-departmental engagements
- Responsible for the effectiveness of all operational processes related to incident management, change management and problem management; this includes attentively tracking of work progress in ticketing system and preparation of Change Completion Forms.
- Provide leadership of the team when on Shift, including direction, training, decision making, escalation and or required engagement with customers, vendors or internal groups.
- Respond to customer system fault feedbacks/queries.
- Assist customers with testing and trouble-shooting faults, coordinating maintenance activities and facilities’ access, providing test results and network records etc.
- Liaise with external vendors on complex issues and ensure closure with customers.
- Monitor system alarms and take prompt actions to investigate the cause and maintain records of actions taken.
- Monitor datacentre CCTVs regularly and report unusual activities immediately.
- Monitor datacentre alarms regularly and report any system/power failures immediately.
- Ensure clear/proper handover of outstanding jobs to staff on the next shift.
- Experience and demonstration of non-technical characteristics is important; work ethics, consultative attitude and behaviours, customer experienced focused, lead role.
- Diploma in Electronic/Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or relevant discipline;
- At least 3-5 years of experience in providing operational support in Telecommunications or related sector;
- Experience in similar support and shift environment within telecommunications industry;
- Fluent in English;
- Being able to work part of a shift system that covers 24/7
- Experience and understanding of all or some of the following systems/networks/technologies:
- DWDM, optical layer, L2 and L3 networks and services based on MEF standards (ELINE, ELAN, E-TREE, IEEE 801.1Q, QinQ, MEN / CE Y.1731, GVRP, STP, ERPS).
- Control switches, Media Gateways, SIP, MGCP/H.248, Voice Compression / Decompression, SIGTRAN (M2PA/M3UA), SS7 Signalling, Session Border Controllers (SBCs), VPN/IPSEC, Dynamic routing protocols BGP, OSPF.
- Self-management/decision making competence is essential
- Multi-tasking skills; analytical
- Fast learning of new technologies;
- Strong communication skills; good communicator, can put across technical issues clearly (training of juniors)
- Desire to solve issues;
- Prioritizing the provision of excellent customer service;
- Works cooperatively and effectively with others
- Ability to resolve conflicts and coordinate multiple tasks with different numbers of affected parties;
- Ability to identify and solve problems by identifying causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or solve the problem
- Excellent communication skills.
- Team player but very happy to work on own if needed