Overall Job Purpose
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller the primary purpose of the role is to ensure the financial results are accurate and reported to schedule under a strong financial control framework. The role involves a high level of interaction with senior management within the Group. The role has clearly defined core responsibilities but will also include involvement in significant ad hoc issues that arise across the business including process reengineering, systems, working capital management and intercompany initiatives.
- Ensuring the financial results are accurate and reported to schedule under a strong financial control framework.
- Ensuring company compliance of relevant accounting policies and that the business understands their impact/importance
- Active engagement of the external auditors to ensure a smooth year-end audit and the timely resolution of judgement areas throughout the year including the timely filing of the statutory accounts, VAT and other required documents with the appropriate authorities.
- Is highly skilled at tailoring messages to the needs of the audience.
- Is a role model and sets an example for his/her workgroup. “Walks the talk” and avoids saying one thing and doing another. Always honours commitments and keeps promises.
- Confronts dishonesty and unethical behavior.
- Is sought out as a subject matter expert in own subject area. Acts as a technical coach and mentor to others.
- Uses a highly adaptable approach and is able to express complex technical expertise in a simple, understandable manner to those outside own function.
- Stays at the cutting edge of own discipline understand and implements best practice.
- Brings a strategic perspective to problem-solving.
- Skilled in breaking down large complex issues into simpler elements that can be effectively addressed.
- Shows interest and is energised by complex issues and problems that require solutions.
- Fosters an attitude of collaboration across the organisation.
- Builds and supports mutually beneficial relationships with other organisations. Communicates belief in and positive expectations toward others.
- Recognises and celebrates the strengths of individuals.
- Qualified accountant with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a multinational organisation
- Knowledge of sales tax and corporate tax regulations
- Experience in technology, the telecommunication sector is a plus
- Ability to act and operate independently
- Be very hands-on and possess a can-do attitude
- Proficient in MS Office applications