Carrier Relations, procurement Manager
As the Procurement Manager, you will be responsible to lead Epsilon’s supplier, partner development to provide for Network connectivity, space & power requirements. This role will help grow and maintain our data network and data centre related services at the very core of the global cloud ecosystem.
The individual will own and manage the day to day procurement workflow for all requests with Epsilon’s core objectives in mind; you will be developing both new and maintaining existing supplier relationships alongside a drive to improve the supplier’s service and commercial performance where possible.
Working in a broader finance function, you need to be a confident multitasker to support the broader procurement function globally; responsible for dealing with various pricing requests and supplier management responsibilities to ensure optimum control of Epsilon cost base. The role is demanding, primarily form a data accuracy and reporting perspective and flexibility will be required to meet deadlines and deliver work to a high standard.
- Establish and maintain relationship with carriers & Dc suppliers in the international Telecommunications wholesale business and to act as the main contact point for all relevant services such as IP, Data, capacity and co-location sales, etc.
- Negotiate contracts with the relevant carriers and maximise business potential with customers / prospects.
- Maintain close relationships with other organisations such as competitors, Telehouses and vendors to stay abreast of market developments.
- Conceptualize solutions and services and negotiate prices and terms with the relevant carrier(s) in the identified country to ensure that customer requirements are best met considering Epsilon’s margin and profit targets.
- Coordinate interaction for various members of the Top Management in strategic meetings to further enhance multi-level bilateral ties,
- Research new markets and territories and report the business potential to Marketing and Management.
- Liaise with the Finance colleagues as and when required: qualify creditworthiness of potential clients and support monitoring its development over time; also working with operations and other internal groups to establish capacity availability, delivery times, etc
- Work with various internal stakeholders to identify current and potential issues and to proactively address them by jointly working with suppliers for a resolution.
- Request Credit checks from the finance department for new prospects.
- Maintain appropriate database and provide accurate reporting as required
- Support finance to collect outstanding funds where required & or validate invoicing as required
- Procurement of third-party datacentre services (i.e. cabling & cross-connection, footprint, rack space, power KVA)
- Own the process of invoice validation and dispute management by working closely with the Finance team and other Epsilon Suppliers.
- Manage timely orders processing new and cancellation orders
- Support Access procurement team with sourcing local access services in the region, function as back up, as an overflow for existing team members
- Act upon ad-hoc request from Engineering and Service Delivery stakeholders to order specified Cross-Cabling, Network bandwidth and or required space additions
- 3-5 years experience, ideally in the Telecoms sector
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work with multiple simultaneous tasks
- Competent in planning and organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Confident in using spreadsheets & other database management
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Experience in working with both carriers and vendors
- Demonstrate good analytical, problem-solving skills and ability to think strategically
- Demonstrate skills in tough negotiating with a gentle approach to relationship building
- Good team player and highly motivated individual
- Basic Telecoms understanding is preferred
- Experience in Oracle is preferred
- Diligent, accurate and conscientious
- Supportive and cooperative nature
- Systematic & Detail-oriented
- Able to work across time zones in a multi-cultural environment