Overall Job Purpose
Designs, develops, modifies, debugs and/or maintains software systems. Working on one or more specific modules within a large software system scope.
- Engineering – Follow Epsilon software engineering standards, applicable software development methodology and release processes. Ensures code is maintainable, scalable and supportable. Demo the software products to stakeholders. – Designs, develops, modifies, debugs and/or maintains software code according to functional, non-functional and technical design specifications. Follow Epsilon software engineering standards, applicable software development methodology and release processes. Ensures code is maintainable, scalable and supportable. Demo the software products to stakeholders.
- Investigation – Investigates issues by reviewing/debugging code, provides fixes (analyze and fix bugs) and workarounds, reviews changes for operability to maintain existing software solutions.
- Analysis – Analyzes requirement and design documents. Performs impact assessment (for example, for critical production issues) and contributes to Root Cause Analysis of issues and outlines corrective actions.Team Work and Collaboration – Collaborate and add value through participation in peer code reviews, provide comments and suggestions, work with cross functional teams to achieve goals. Work as technical interface with other teams to resolve issues related to interfacing functionalities.
- Technical Ownership – Assumes technical accountability for his/her specific work products within an application and provides technical support during solution design for new requirements. Ensures that documentation related to specific modules/applications is correct and up to date. Performs peer code inspection and reviews on developed solutions and provides relevant feedback.
- Innovation & Continuous Improvement – Actively look for innovation and continuous improvement, efficiency in all assigned tasks.
- Quality and SLAs -Contribute to meet software SLAs and KPIs E.g. Responsiveness, Resolution, Software Quality SLAs. Ensure assigned tasks are completed on time and delivery timelines are met as per quality targets of the organization.
- Onboarding & Knowledge Sharing – Onboarding of new hires; Mentoring on processes, and shares knowledge with team members.
- Awareness of programming concepts, patterns and anti-patternsScripting experience
- Knowledge of API design best practice
- Knowledge of key security concepts
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience working with the following is essential:
- Experience working with the following is desirable:
- OS -> Linux
- DB -> MySQL
- RESTFul APIs