Service Design Manager
Overall Job Purpose
This role is part of the Product team under the Data Business Unit. The role is responsible for designing Services & solutions that keep Customers at the centre of everything for existing and new products under development.
The Service Design Manager is to define and advance Epsilon’s customer journey through automation and position Epsilon as a disruptor in cloud solutions by using Epsilon Orchestrator, Infiny platform and third-party technology providers. He/she is responsible to strategise, define process requirements, translate requirements into functional and technical specifications for internal/external stakeholders and then drive the E2E Service Design from start to finish. He/she will work with a diverse set of internal and external partners, building and maintaining relationships to drive a great customer experience.
This role reports to the Transformation Programme Manager.
- Primarily responsible for designing effective and innovative products, services & solutions for the organisation; ensuring any E2E processes for these Services are lean, effective, and automated.
- Support the Product Managers to design and deliver best-in-class customer-orientated processes, Customer Experience for all our new and existing products, including delivery and assurance aspectsResponsible for defining and agreeing the service design scope, strategy, documentation, and applicable process framework- both internally and externally
- Collaborating effectively with subject matter experts as well as the organisation’s operations, business development, financial, commercial and technical colleagues to achieve the optimal service design
- Responsible for the definition of the customer touch points, customer life-cycle & process design of each product and its end-to-end integrity
- Ensure that Process & Service designs are operable, maintainable, scalable and robust
- Accountable for planning and designing appropriate tests that validate services have been built against design specification
- Operate as per ‘New Product/Service Development processes’ acting as the process owner to drive adoption, leading the E2E design and driving the launch of product to market
- Building an understanding of the market and research trends and competitors to creatively and commercially design the organisation’s offer
- Working with relevant technical partners & or suppliers where required to ensure ongoing market knowledge & or a specific product, service insight
- 7 years of experience in Service Design/ Product Design ownership
- Knowledge & experience of telecommunications solutions development (preferably networking and cloud products)
- Process mapping, improvements, and reengineering experience
- Process documentation skills
- Experience of cross-functional working and the ability to demonstrate a collaborative approach in building key relationships across the business and with external partners.
- Experience of developing and introducing complex change into an operational environment.ITIL Service Management Qualification with Product development experience (preferably networking and cloud products)
- Demonstrate the ability to operate efficiently in a pressurized environment.
- Able to quickly understand different technologies, systems and processes to a level that allows an understanding of the deliverables required from the various team members, identification and categorisation of issues and ensuring appropriate quality measures are always in place
- Commercial awareness
- Completer finisher
- Problem-solving, creative and strategic thinking
- Influencing & negotiating skills
- 3rd Party management skills
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to drive an effective project team and take full ownership of project delivery.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills to all facets of the business.
- Excellent planner and understanding of planning techniques and tools.