Network Operations Engineer
Overall Job Purpose
This is a 2nd line Operational Network engineer role providing a key Technical support function within a broader Centre of Excellence team in Sophia. You will be responsible for supporting and maintaining the operation of Epsilon global backbone network infrastructures & services. You must have in-depth knowledge and experience of operational networking, architecture set up, design and configuration complexity and structure. You must be able to support complex circuit & or service provisioning requirements and fault resolution across multiple platforms & services.
- Ensure stable and reliable services across Epsilon global network
- Resolve critical and major alarms/issues, which include activities such as replacing faulty cards, troubleshooting and resolution
- Provide support & liaison of handover of network from Engineering once network or service is built (from Engineering build to Operational – includes supporting front Line engineers to ensure any ongoing management & support requirements are introduced & maintained effectively)
- Second & third line support for complex fault resolution where needed, including and providing support to circuit provisioning & or service introductions as required
- Deployment and maintenance of devices/resources, monitoring and reporting tools
- Govern where needed and full adherence to the change control processes, Naming conventions, design & configuration standards
- Installation of network hardware and software as required & working to target timeframes & working practices (continuous operational improvement focus)
- After office hours on-call standby support when needed
- Manage network or service outages and support, recommend relevant improvement activities (trend identification, automation, process improvement etc.)
- Customer, Supplier and or internal department liaison & engagement where needed
- Develop and maintain accurate technical documentation
- Generally, maintain a positive mood amongst the internal operations team with strong desire to ensure the network is maintained and operating in optimal condition; customer experience is at the heart of everything we do. Provide support, training and technology leadership to the first line team and colleagues in CoE. A good team player, always ready to provide support when called upon.
- Degree or advanced certification in Network/Telecommunication with at least 5 – 7 years of experience in managing/supporting/implementing L2/L3 network in the Telecommunications industry.
- Have in-depth knowledge and experience of operational networking, architecture set up, design and configuration complexity and structure.
- Ability to support complex circuit & or service provisioning requirements and fault resolution across multiple platforms & services.
- After office hours on-call standby support
- Display a successful track record in maintaining customer services at enterprise/carrier-grade level.
- Advance working experience and deep understanding of the following systems/networks/technologies as listed is a must (These are the critical requirements):
- Ethernet/IP L2 and L3 networks and services based on MEF standards (ELINE, ELAN, E-TREE, IEEE 801.1Q, QinQ, MEN / CE Y.1731, GVRP, STP, ERPS).
- MPLS(RSVP-TE, T-LDP, MP-BGP), VPN/IPSEC, Dynamic routing protocols (BGP, OSPF)
- Possess certifications such as MEF, Juniper (CCNA/JNCIA) or CCNP or JNCIP will be highly desirable